Students who register for summer courses may be eligible to receive financial aid. Please review the requirements listed below to determine your eligibility:
- You must file the 2021-2022 FAFSA by June 30, 2022.
- At least half-time summer enrollment (six undergraduate credits or 24 graduate units) is required for Direct Loans. Audited courses are not included in this calculation.
- If you drop courses at any time during the summer sessions, your aid may be adjusted and you may receive a bill.
- You must meet satisfactory academic progress to be eligible for financial aid.
Students who are enrolled less than half-time during the summer sessions should consider private loans that may be available to them.
- Pell Grant eligibility for the summer term will automatically be reviewed and determined by our office based on your FAFSA and summer enrollment status information. No additional steps are required of you.
- Eligible undergraduate students who were enrolled full-time for the fall and spring semesters must be enrolled for six or more credits during the summer term to receive the Pell Grant for the summer term.
- If you’re planning to graduate in August 2022 or December 2022, we recommend that you file the 2022-2023 FAFSA, if you have not done so already, as we may use the 2021-2022 or the 2022-2023 FAFSA to determine your Pell Grant eligibility for Summer 2022.
- Direct Loan eligibility for the summer term is calculated based on unused loans remaining from the 2021-2022 academic year. To determine if you have unused eligibility, please visit our Federal Aid page to review the annual loan limits.
- Undergraduate Students
- Eligible students who have not used all of their annual Direct Loan eligibility and are enrolled for six or more credits for the summer term can request to use their unused Direct Loan funds for the summer term. To do so, please complete the Summer 2022 Federal Direct Loan Request Form.
- For additional funding, parents/guardians can apply for the PLUS loan by completing the online application.
- Graduate Students
- Eligible students who have unused annual Direct Loan eligibility and are enrolled for 24 or more graduate units for the summer can request to use their unused Direct Loan and Graduate PLUS loan by completing the Summer 2022 Federal Direct Loan Request Form. Once you have accepted your summer GPLUS Loan that is available in your FinAid account, a credit check will be completed during the application process.
- Students can apply for an FWS offer for the Summer 2022 term by completing the Summer 2022 Federal Work-Study Application.
- FWS summer aid review will begin by mid-March. Students will receive an email regarding the outcome of their FWS application. Once you've received your work-study offer, and after your have secured an FWS job, please log in to your FinAid account:
- accept your work-study offer, and
- submit the Summer FWS Work Authorization form, found in the To-Do section of the portal.