Permission to Enroll FAQs

PTE is for students who want to take a course at a different institution use those credits towards their degree at UMD. Students can participate in the PTE program during any term with approval from your advisor. 

Yes, it is possible to receive your financial aid. PTE Example: If a student takes three credits at UMD, and three credits at another institution, our office could use all six credits to determine their financial aid eligibility.

You will need to complete three forms to get permission to enroll. Submit all three completed forms to the Office of Student Financial Aid.

Note: Your financial aid cannot be used until your enrollment has been confirmed by the host institution. If you have a UMD account balance the refund will cover that first. The remaining refund must be paid to the host institution.