International Students

Eligibility for Federal, State and Institutional Aid

Only students with the following status are eligible for federal, state, and institutional aid:

  • U.S. citizenship
  • U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swains Island)
  • U.S. permanent resident. Required are I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card), or an Form I-94 with a stamp on passport indicating I-551 status.
  • Granted one of the following on a U.S. Arrival-Departure Record (Form I-94):
    • Refugee
    • Indefinite Parole or Humanitarian Parole
    • Asylum Granted
    • Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending
    • Conditional Entrant (valid only if issued before 4/1/1980)
    • Temporary Resident with an I-688 Card

If you are eligible to receive Federal Aid, complete the FAFSA

Private Education Loans for International Students

International students who are able to secure a U.S. citizen or permanent resident as a co-signer may apply for a private loan.

International students who are not able to find a U.S. citizen or permanent resident as a co-signer may be able to secure educational funding through their home country or other international lenders.

Other Sources of Financial Aid

Ask your academic department if they have any scholarships. For more info about financial assistance for international students, please visit EduPass.