When and how you receive your financial aid depends on the type of aid you're receiving and whether you have completed the requirements for receiving your aid.
Financial Aid Offer Notification Dates
- By March 1 | Incoming fall freshmen, incoming Freshmen Connection participants.
- By April 6 | New and returning graduate students
- By May 1 | Incoming fall transfer students and continuing juniors and seniors.
- By June 5 | Continuing freshmen and sophomores.
- By November 1 | Incoming spring transfer students.
- January 1 | The University of Maryland's FAFSA priority consideration deadline.
- By Late January | Students eligible for spring semester federal loans will see their accepted and eligible loans posted on their billing accounts.
- April 1 | The Federal PLUS Loan application becomes available online.
- May 1 | The national deadline for newly admitted students to confirm their enrollment and submit their enrollment deposit.
- By Late August | Students eligible for fall semester federal loans will see their accepted and eligible loans posted to their billing accounts.
- October 1 | The FAFSA form becomes available online.