Office of Student Financial Aid Liaison Program
The Office of Student Financial Aid Liaison Program is dedicated to strengthen communication and collaboration between Student Financial Aid and its campus partners. This program connects Student Financial Aid with faculty, staff and students in each college, as well as with several special student populations.
The following benefits may be realized through the Liaison Program:
- A Financial Aid Counselor is assigned to each college who serves as a point of contact and source of information for academic advisors.
- Financial literacy, financial aid and other workshops, e.g., outside scholarship opportunities for students.
The goals are to:
- Identify students who are experiencing financial difficulties and provide resources to help retain our students.
- Promote financial literacy and involvement with educating students regarding the importance of managing their financial resources.
- Develop and coordinate partnerships with academic advisors.
- Provide students with the resources they need to overcome obstacles to financing their education.
The Financial Aid Liaison will:
- Serve as the primary point of contact as a resource and source of information for academic advisors.
- Notify college of important financial aid deadlines.
- Attend departmental outreach initiatives throughout the year to answer questions and offer updates on financial aid.
- Meet with students referred by the department as having financial difficulties and at-risk of leaving the University.
Check here to view The Office of Student Financial Aid Liaisons assigned to the colleges and schools.